- Life scientists with active research groups in the following countries can apply: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovenia, Turkey.
- The applicant must be an active research scientist running their own research laboratory wishing to visit a laboratory in EMBC Member States, Associate Member States or Cooperation Partners. Exchanges between two laboratories within the same country are not eligible.
- Exceptionally, EMBO will consider applications involving laboratories (host) in Japan throughout 2022.
- Projects must have a biological significance and should aim to increase our knowledge on a particular biological process.
- The application must involve tangible objectives such as a research project at the host laboratory or development of a defined grant proposal. Applications solely for consultations, to attend courses, workshops, or symposia will not be considered.
- New collaborations are favoured. Applicants requesting to visit research groups in which they have existing joint funding are not eligible.
- EMBO does not consider applications for the EMBO Advanced Collaboration Grants to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as long-term stays funded by EMBO or other organisations.
Advanced Collaboration Grants
Supporting group leaders in participating countries to develop collaborative projects
Applications accepted throughout the year