Applications to the EMBO Young Investigator Programme are accepted annually in a two-stage process and must be submitted through an online system.
- The call for 2023 is open.
- The deadline for pre-applications is 01 April 2023, 12:00 CEST.
- For re-applicants: only two total applications to the Programme are possible (one re-application).
- The Young Investigator Committee invites selected candidates to submit a full application and attend an interview.
- The deadline for full applications is 12. July 2023.
- All invited candidates will be interviewed by the Young Investigator Committee on 21. or 22. November 2023.
- The final selection will be made at the Young Investigator Committee meeting.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by email.
The complete application for the Young Investigator Programme consists of:
- Synopsis of past work
- Outline of the planned research project
- Short summary of research
- Publication list and list of three best papers
- Three letters of reference
- List of grants and pending grant applications
- ORCID number
Applicants must not indicate the journal impact factor or any other metrics such as H-index, number of citations etc, in their application. EMBO is a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment ( DORA ), which recommends “not to use journal-based metrics, such as Journal Impact Factors, as a surrogate measure of the quality of individual research articles, to assess an individual scientist’s contributions, or in hiring, promotion, or funding decisions”.