EMBO Young Investigators receive a financial award of 15,000 euros in their second year. They can also apply for additional small grants of up to 10,000 euros per year.
Networking is a key aspect of the programme, and Young Investigators benefit from extensive practical support, including:
- The annual EMBO Young Investigator meeting
- Special interest groups organizing sectoral meetings on selected topics
- Joint group meetings with other programme members’ labs
- Visits to discuss potential collaborations with other programme members
- Seminars by Young Investigators at another programme member’s institute
- Research visits of lab members to other programme members’ laboratories to exchange expertise.
Support for Young Investigators:
- Mentorship by an EMBO Member
- Training in research leadership and management skills through EMBO Lab Leadership Courses
- An online training course on responsible conduct of research co-developed by EMBO Policy
- Posting of vacancies in programme members’ laboratories
- Grants for organizing conferences.
Support for Young Investigator laboratories:
- Access to EMBL Core Facilities
- Annual course for PhD students from programme members’ laboratories
- Travel grants for meeting attendance for Young Investigators and their group members.
Detailed information about the benefits can be found in the Programme Guide for Young Investigators and Installation Grantees (pdf).