- Applicants must be active researchers with a minimum of two years’ postdoctoral research experience, and no more than two years experience as an independent group leader, at the time of application.
- Projects must have a biological significance and should increase our knowledge on a particular biological process.
- Applications should promote interdisciplinary research, with the proposed project being different to the applicant’s current topic.
- Applications should aim to form new collaborations.
- The fellowship must involve a research project at the host lab. Applications for consultations only, or to attend courses, workshops, or symposia will not be considered.
- EMBO does not consider applications for the EMBO New Venture Fellowship to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as bridging fellowships between, or prior to, long term stays funded by EMBO or other organizations.
- The fellowships are awarded for exchanges between laboratories in EMBC Member States, Associated Member States or Cooperation Partners. Exchanges between two laboratories within the same country are not eligible.
- For other eligibility criteria, please read the New Venture Fellowships guidelines.
New Venture Fellowships
Supporting young scientists to enter a new field
Applications accepted throughout the year