The selection committee takes into account the application, interview report and host institute’s offer and will rank all applications based on the following criteria:
- Track record
- Proposed research
- Group and research environment
- Offer by the host institute
- Financial and intellectual independence.
The number of grants available each year is decided by the Strategic Installation Grant (SDIG) Board, which is made up of representatives from participating EMBC Members States. The evaluation and ranking of the applications for EMBO Installation Grants is done by the EMBO Installation Grants committee (to be announced end of January).
The selection process involves the following steps:
- All applications are screened by the EMBO office to ensure eligibility requirements are met.
- The EMBO Installation Grants committee selects applicants for an online interview with the EMBO EMBO Installation Grants committee on the 5th of October 2022.
- The files of the candidates selected for an interview are sent to an EMBO Member with expertise in the applicant’s research area for a confidential review.
- After the interview, the EMBO Installation Grants committee ranks all applicants and makes a binding recommendation to the Strategic Development Installation Grants (SDIG) Board.
- Final decisions on the award of an Installation Grant are made by the SDIG Board at the end of November 2022. The decision is based on the ranking provided by the EMBO Installation Grants committee and the number of grants available in each country.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by email within a month after the board meeting.