- The deadline for pre-applications is 15 April 2021, 12:00 CEST.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by the Young Investigator Committee on 8 November 2021.
- After the interview, the EMBO Young Investigator Committee ranks all applicants and makes a binding recommendation to the Strategic Development Installation Grants (SDIG) Board of the EMBC.
- Final decisions on the award of an Installation Grant are made by the SDIG Board at the end of November. The decision is based on the ranking provided by the EMBO Young Investigator Committee as well as the funds available from each country to support the Grants.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by email shortly after the board meeting.
The complete application for Installation Grants consists of:
- Synopsis of past work
- Outline of the planned research project
- Short summary of research
- Publication list and list of two best papers
- Three letters of reference
- Description of the receiving institute
- Information and confirmation of the receiving institute, including a description of
- the available infrastructure
- any start-up package provided
- the duties and benefits of the applicant
EMBO will consider papers published on preprint servers (arXiv, bioRxiv, PeerJ, etc).
Applicants must not indicate the journal impact factor in their application. EMBO is a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment ( DORA ), which recommends “not to use journal-based metrics, such as Journal Impact Factors, as a surrogate measure of the quality of individual research articles, to assess an individual scientist’s contributions, or in hiring, promotion, or funding decisions”.
For detailed information on the eligibility criteria, application process, key dates and required documentation, please consult the application guidelines (pdf).