Funds are available for EMBO Global Investigators for:
- Visiting other research institutions to give a scientific seminar or to plan or continue a collaboration
- Training in research leadership and management skills through EMBO Lab Leadership Courses
- Inviting researchers to give scientific lectures at their institute
- Sending members of their research group to another laboratory to carry out experiments or learn a technique
- Organising joint group meetings with other laboratories
- Attending or organizing regional or international scientific meetings
- Attending EMBO Young Investigator Network annual meetings
- Arranging lab retreats
- Covering fees for publications in EMBO Press journals
- Childcare support when attending conferences
- Manuscript and grant proposal editing services
- Professional development courses
Global Investigators are members of the EMBO Young Investigator Network, which also includes Young Investigators and Installation Grantees. Global Investigators are constantly provided with opportunities to meet and interact with their European counterparts.
However, since the aim of the programme is not only to support collaborations with European scientists but also to foster local exchanges and thus help create EMBO communities outside Europe, the benefits received by Global Investigators are not restricted to interactions with other EMBO programme members.
For detailed information on the benefits, please refer to the Programme Guide for Global Investigators.