Applications to the EMBO Global Investigator Network are accepted annually via an online system (which opens by mid-March 2023). The application includes an online form and an offline form.
Please check the eligibility criteria and carefully read the application guidelines before starting your application.
Application process 2023
- The application deadline is 1 June, 14:00 CEST. After this, the Global Activities Office informs candidates whether their application has been successfully received.
- Applications of eligible candidates are sent to the EMBO Global Investigator Network Committee for screening.
- Pre-selected candidates are invited to a virtual panel interview conducted by the EMBO Global Investigator Network Committee on 28 November.
- A final decision is made at the EMBO Global Investigator Network Committee meeting, and candidates are informed of the outcome of their application by email.
The application for the Global Investigator Network consists of:
- Short summary of ongoing research
- Details of home institute and funding available to the laboratory
- List of publications and details of applicant’s three most important papers
- List of lab members
- Description of the applicant’s research plan
- Three letters of reference
For detailed information on the application process, key dates and required documentation, please consult the application guidelines.