Meet new EMBO Global Investigator Hsu-Wen Chao
Promoting interactions within the scientific community worldwide
Cooperation agreement with NSTC, Taiwan
The National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) and Academia Sinica, both representing Taiwanese scientists, have signed a co-operation agreement with EMBO.
As part of this agreement, the following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in Taiwan*:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowships, Scientific Exchange Grants, New Venture Fellowships and Core Facility Fellowships
- Group leaders based in Taiwan can apply to the EMBO Young Investigator Programme or the EMBO Global Investigator Network
- Funding for organizing EMBO Courses & Workshops in Taiwan – application deadlines: 1 March and 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in Taiwan– application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at conferences held in Taiwan – applications open all year around
- Support for Global Lecture Series given by EMBO Members or EMBO Young Investigators at Taiwanese institutions – applications open all year around
- Travel grants, childcare grants and fee waivers for scientists in Taiwan to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops in Europe.
*All applications should be addressed directly to EMBO, except when applying for travel grants, childcare grants or fee waivers to attend scientific meetings funded by EMBO. These should be addressed to the organizers of the event.