Meet new EMBO Global Investigator Shruti Bhatt
Promoting interactions within the scientific community worldwide
Associate Membership agreement with Singapore
In 2016 Singapore became an EMBC Associate Member State following an agreement signed by the Government of Singapore, EMBO and the European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) to strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between Singapore and Europe.
The following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in Singapore*:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowships, Scientific Exchange Grants, New Venture Fellowships and Core Facility Fellowships
- Group leaders based in Singapore can apply to the EMBO Young Investigator Programme or the EMBO Global Investigator Network
- Funding for organizing EMBO Courses & Workshops in Singapore – application deadlines: 1 March and 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in Singapore – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at conferences held in Singapore – applications open all year around
- Support for Global Lecture Series by EMBO Members or EMBO Young Investigators at institutions in Singapore – applications open all year around
- Travel grants, childcare grants and fee waivers for scientists in Singapore to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops in Europe.
*All applications should be addressed directly to EMBO, except when applying for travel grants, childcare grants or fee waivers to attend scientific meetings funded by EMBO. These should be addressed to the organizers of the event
The effectiveness of virtual courses and conferences has surprised many, and many researchers want advantages to live on after the COVID-19 pandemic has ended