We catch up on some of the recent global activities EMBO has carried out together with Associate Member States India and Singapore and cooperation partners…
Promoting interactions within the scientific community worldwide
Associate Membership agreement with India
In 2016 India became an EMBC Associate Member State following an agreement signed by the Government of India, EMBO and the European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) to strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between India and Europe.
The following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in India*:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowships, Scientific Exchange Grants, New Venture Fellowships and Core Facility Fellowships
- Group leaders based in India can apply to the EMBO Young Investigator Programme or the EMBO Global Investigator Network
- Funding for organizing EMBO Courses & Workshops in India, including India | EMBO Lecture Courses jointly supported with the DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance – application deadlines: 1 March and 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in India – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at conferences held in India – applications open all year around
- Support for Global Lecture Series by EMBO Members or EMBO Young Investigators at institutions in India – applications open all year around
- Travel grants, childcare grants and fee waivers for scientists in India to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops in Europe.
*All applications should be addressed directly to EMBO, except when applying for travel grants, childcare grants or fee waivers to attend scientific meetings funded by EMBO. These should be addressed to the organizers of the event.
EMBO congratulates nine life scientists on their selection as EMBO Global Investigators. They form the second cohort of the Global Investigator Network that was launched…
Meet EMBO Young Investigator Debojyoti Chakraborty