For current Young Investigators and Installation Grantees
Since its launch in 2000, the EMBO Young Investigator Programme (YIP) supports independent scientists that are selected as EMBO Young Investigators and Installation Grantees.
Programme members receive extensive support for networking interactions and other career development opportunities. Some highlights are summarized below. A more complete list, with details of the levels of support and how to apply for these, is provided in the programme guide (pdf).
- The programme offers both an annual EMBO Young Investigator meeting for all former and current programme members and more specialized meetings, allowing interaction between programme members.
- Networking funds support a wide range of other interactions between programme members – including institute visits and joint group meetings. Student exchanges and meeting grants allow interactions between current EMBO Young Investigator and Installation Grant labs with the wider scientific community. Additionally, programme members organizing a conference/course can receive sponsorship.
- Career development opportunities include the opportunity to choose an EMBO Member as your mentor and a free laboratory management course.
- The programme raises the profile of Young Investigators by offering EMBO Young Investigator Lecture Grants to programme members, who are invited as speakers at international conferences, and by including their details in the EMBO directory.
- Support is provided for your lab members – for example, through the annual YIP PhD Course, a course run by Young Investigators for students in Young Investigator laboratories. Further support for your growing lab includes access to EMBL Core Facilities.
An overview of the financial award for the Young Investigators and Installation Grantees is also provided in the programme guide (pdf). For details of the payment mechanism (which varies from country to country) please contact the Young Investigator Programme office.
Upcoming events, deadlines, and other opportunities within the programme are included in the bi-monthly eNewsletter sent to programme members.
T. +49 6221 8891 112
T. + 49 6221 8891 110