Main eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must hold a doctorate or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained it during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
- Applicants must have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- All applications must involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships guidelines).
- Applications to go to the country in which the PhD was obtained will not be considered.
- Applications to return to a laboratory where the candidate has worked in the past for more than six months, either in one or in several visits will not be considered.
- Applications for an EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain the PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
- Candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
- Candidates can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
- Reapplication is permissible only once.
For detailed eligibility criteria, carefully read the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships guidelines.