The EMBO workshops on research integrity are organised in institutes in EMBC Member States, in close collaboration with a local EMBO Member. They are one day long and targeted at young PIs and senior post-docs of the host institutes. The workshops are interactive and include discussion of scenarios. To allow active participation, the maximum number of participants is 30. The EMBO Policy staff delivers the workshops with the involvement of local experts and of the host EMBO Member. The programme is flexible and can be adapted to specific research environments. It covers a selection of the following topics:
- Researchers’ responsibilities
- Research misconduct
- Issues in scientific publishing and assessment
- Emerging policy issues in data management
- Conflicts of interest
- The supervisor’s responsibilities
- Research involving human subjects
- Research involving animals
Registration for the workshops is done locally through the local organizer. There are no registration fees.
EMBO Members interested in organising a workshop at their institute should please contact the Policy Programme.
- Vienna Biocenter, Austria, September 2022
- Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb, Croatia, October 2022
- Institute of Biotechnology, University of Vilnius, Lithuania, November 2022
- Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, November 2022
In 2021 we organized virtual overview sessions on Emerging policy concepts to foster research integrity: