Taiwanese cooperation agreement
The National Science Council (NSC) of Taiwan and Academia Sinica, both representing Taiwanese scientists, signed a cooperation agreement with EMBO. The agreement will run from November 2012 until November 2015 with the possibility of continuation.
As part of this agreement, the following EMBO activities are open to Taiwanese scientists:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for short-term fellowships (applications open all year around) and long-term fellowships (deadlines: mid-February & mid-August)
- Funding for EMBO Courses & Workshops – applications are invited from Taiwanese scientists, deadlines: 1 March & 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at international conferences – application deadlines: 1 March, 1 June, 1 September and 1 December
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at international conferences – applications open all year round
- Support for Global Exchange lecture series given by EMBO Members or EMBO Young Investigators at Taiwanese institutions and for Taiwanese researchers lecturing at European institutions – applications open all year round
- Travel stipends for Taiwanese scientists to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops and The EMBO Meeting in Europe
- A maximum of one young group leader per year based at a Taiwanese institution will be eligible to join the EMBO Young Investigator Network.
T. + 49 6221 8891 104
T. + 49 6221 8891 409
Contact National Science Council of Taiwan