Cooperation with Singapore
The Government of Singapore, the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) and its intergovernmental funding body, the European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC), signed a Cooperation Agreement in 2015 to strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between Singapore and Europe. This milestone agreement marks the first time a non-European nation has become an EMBC Associate Member State. The new agreement comes into effect as of 1 January 2016.
As part of this agreement, the following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in Singapore:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for short-term fellowships (applications open all year around) and long-term fellowships (deadlines: mid-February & mid-August)
- Funding for an EMBO Workshop to be held in Singapore – deadlines: 1 March & 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in Singapore – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at conferences held in Singapore – applications open all year around
- Travel stipends for scientists based in Singapore to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops and The EMBO Meeting in Europe and for scientists based in Europe to attend the EMBO Workshop in Singapore – further details and the application form are available on the A*STAR website
- One young group leader from Singapore per year will be eligible to join the EMBO Young Investigator Network.
For further information read the press release.
T. + 49 6221 8891 104
T. + 49 6221 8891 562
Acting Director, A*STAR
Assistant Head, A*STAR