Cooperation with Singapore
In 2016 Singapore became an EMBC Associate Member State following an agreement signed by the Government of Singapore, EMBO and the European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) to strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between Singapore and Europe. This milestone agreement marks the first time a non-European nation has become an EMBC Associate Member State.
The following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in Singapore:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for short-term fellowships (applications open all year around) and long-term fellowships (deadlines: mid-February & mid-August)
- Funding for an EMBO Courses & Workshops to be held in Singapore – deadlines: 1 March & 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in Singapore – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators or on Science Policy or Women in Science issues at conferences held in Singapore – applications open all year around
- Group leaders from Singapore will be eligible to apply to join the EMBO Young Investigator Network.
For further information read the press release.
T. + 49 6221 8891 104
T. + 49 6221 8891 562
Acting Director, A*STAR
Assistant Head, A*STAR