Cooperation with India
In 2016 India became an EMBC Associate Member State following an agreement signed by the Government of India, EMBO and the European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) to strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between India and Europe.
The following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in India:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for short-term fellowships (applications open all year around) and long-term fellowships (deadlines: mid-February & mid-August);
- Funding for an EMBO Courses & Workshops to be held in India – deadlines: 1 March & 1 August;
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in India – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October;
- Support for lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators or on Science Policy or Women in Science issues at conferences held in India – applications open all year around;
- Group leaders from India will be eligible to apply to join the EMBO Young Investigator Network;
- Support for Global Exchange lecture series given by EMBO Members or EMBO Young Investigators at institutions in India – applications open all year round;
- Travel stipends for scientists from India to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops in Europe.
For further information read the press release.
A series of events to mark the partnership took place in February 2016.
Head, EMBO Global Activities
T. + 49 6221 8891 562
Dr. Shailja Vaidya Gupta
Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science and Technology